Thursday, May 26, 2011

About This Blog


Picture from fox.com



Why TV?
As a person who spends a lot (and I mean a lot) of my free time watching television, I have contemplated starting a blog about "my TV shows" for quite some time now. While I am obviously no expert on the topic (i.e. student and phlebotomist, not TV critic) I still have a lot to say.

I love being able to talk to people about what has happened on a particular show that I love, or what should have happened, and especially what could end up happening. I love telling people who don't know about any of "my shows" all the juicy details and hope that they will want to start watching so I can have yet another person to talk TV with.


Why do I consider myself a TV junkie?
Well, it’s really simple. Watching my TV shows is my favorite past time. I feel elated when I get to sit and spend time with the characters from my shows. Watching their stories, I fall in love with them. I talk to them like they can hear me (I don’t expect them to answer, I’m not crazy just hooked). I miss my TV friends when they are gone. I can’t wait until the next show so that I can get another dose. Enough said!


What are “my shows”?
Well there are many. I watch so many shows that I am sure if I try to list them all I will forget to add more than one or two of them to the list. Anyway, it doesn’t matter because Dramalicious is all about the Drama! And there are also lots and lots of “my dramas”.

When I say drama, I mean drama. Every kind of drama show that they have I watch. I watch medical dramas, crime dramas, comedy dramas, family dramas, sci-fi dramas, and drama dramas.


What is my favorite kind of drama?
It’s kind of hard to really break it down to my favorite kind of drama. If I absolutely had to choose a favorite kind it would be crime dramas. My absolute favorite crime drama is Bones. Bones is about a genius anthropologist, Dr. Temperance Brennan (nickname Bones), who works with the hot FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth. Bones and Booth solve murders with the help of Bones’ expert team of ‘squints’ (some really, really smart people).

I love the characters on this show. The chemistry between Booth and Bones is undeniable. Angela, Bones’ best friend is such a sweetheart. Everyone else also plays their part to make this an excellent show. The cases are interesting. There is also times where, like any good drama, you will laugh your butt off or cry your eyes out. I would definitely recommend it to anyone that likes crime dramas.

Besides Bones, other crime dramas I really like are NCIS, NCIS LA, all the CSIs (though New York is my favorite one ‘love Mac Taylor’), Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, and the list goes on and on and on.


How often will I post?
Since I am pretty busy with school and work, I rely heavily on my DVR. This means that I will probably not see each and every one of my shows on the day it airs. I am still working out the schedule at which I will put up new post. I am hoping to post at least four times a week.

So, here it goes, my attempt at broadening my group of TV talkers. I am very interested to hear what you might have to say.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh very nice idea. Well you know my fav tv drama is NCIS, followed closely by Criminal Minds. On NCIS, I cannot wait for next season to start. I just hope none of the main charaters leave the show. I do wonder who the traitor is that Tony will be investigating, and also if he is going to get his own team. On Criminal Minds, it seems that someone is leaving the show. I just hope it is not Derrick, Garcia, nor Reid. I think it will be Hochtner because he is in a position now where he needs to be avaliable to his son more. Oh well, at least JJ is coming back. I cried when she left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a pretty cool idea for a blog. I really enjoy watching various shows as well. Esp shows like Lie to Me. I'm also a fan of a lot of Sci-Fi shows as well and I really think that television is a big part of our society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To beachlover_729: I also love NCIS, I don't think that any of the main characters will be leaving the show. I believe that the traitor will turn out to be someone who is not at the for-front of the team; someone we know but not one of the main characters.
    I want to say that I don't think Tony will get his own team because I am a little afraid of change. However, someone I talked to says they think that Tony's new team, if he gets one, will be like agent Barrett's team where they work basically side by side w/ Gibbs' team. I think this person is right.
    They have talked on the show more than once last season about how Tony pasted up his last chance to fave his own team so I can very much see that happening.

    Yes, I totally agree with your assessment of Criminal Minds. I think that if anybody leaves it will be Hotchner, had better be Hotchner; cause I don't want anyone else to leave. I am also glad J.J. is coming back. I am wondering though will we hear anything about Prentice next season. Maybe she will be the one to end up leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To John: Thanks for your encouragement. I am very excited to see what becomes of this blog.
    I also like Lie to Me. I love Cal's "nothing can get to me" attitude, like he is cooler than life it's self. I don't know if you watch CSI Miami, but Heratio Caine, the lead detective in the show tries to have this same larger than life attitude but he just comes off as being smug to me.
    I also like watching Sci-Fi dramas. I just finished watching the last season of Merlin on my DVR two days ago. It was pretty awesome. I also like a show that came on last summer called Haven but I am not sure if they are bringing it back this season, I sure hope so.
    What kind of Sci-Fi shows do you like to watch?

    ReplyDelete