Monday, June 13, 2011

Made Me... Mondays


Photo from mylifetime.com


So I watched the series premier of The Protector on Lifetime yesterday. The show is about a homicide detective who is recently divorced and taking care of her two sons, and her brother.

It seems like this will be a pretty good show. I like the way that the ladies are kicking butt in solving the cases and getting their work on. I like the relationship that Gloria (Walker) has with her boss.

So far I like the characters. It’s good to see Tisha Campbell-Martin back on TV again. I have seen the star of the show, Ally Walker, in a few things and I have liked her acting. I am looking forward to seeing where this show goes.

So, even though I did like the series premier of The Protector, something that the Gloria did in the show made me say... "What the ...!"

Ok, so I don't have any children so I may be stepping a bit out of bounds here (feel free to tell me so if you think so) when I say that Gloria should have done more than just hug her son Leo when she found out that he was the one who stole all the lawn ornaments from the neighborhood.

I understand that Leo is feeling upset because of the divorce and living in a new area but, I don't think that a hug is much of a punishment. She is a cop for heaven’s sake. I mean, I just think that she should have done something to let him know that what he did was wrong.

It is possible that Leo will be punished on the next episode. If that happens I will give them their props for taking care of it. However, if it does not I think that there is a big problem with letting a child (no matter how upset he is) get away with stealing without having to deal with some kind of consequence.

Once again, like I said earlier, I don't have any children. However, I have helped take care of enough children and been around enough parents to know that it is a bad idea to let something like that slide. So I was like "What the ..., if she don't whip his little butt or put him on punishment or something, he is going to think he can get away with anything.

So, how do you feel about it? Do you think that Gloria should have punished Leo, and if so how? Or, do you think she handled it the right way?

No comments:

Post a Comment